Improved Support for Smart Cards and USB Tokens to Use with Dekart Encryption and Access Control Software Applications
June 10, 2005 – Dekart (www.dekart.com) releases a new version of Key Formatting Utility, a software application for formatting a wide range of smart cards and tokens for use with Dekart encryption and access control solutions. The already impressive list of security devices is now complemented by improved support for Gemplus MPCOS-EMV as well as for the Gemplus GPK smart cards. In addition to it ruToken USB tokens now can be formatted without deleting their existing data (only User's and Administrator's PINs are required).
Using the Key Formatting Utility, users can securely store their encryption keys and account data used to access encrypted documents or securely login to Windows machines. The Key Formatting Utility allows to format the card without conflicting and interfering with its existent contents, that's why users never risk losing their existing application data stored on the smart card.
The Key Formatting Utility allows preparing the card for use with the following three-factor authentication applications:
- Dekart Logon - a software providing secure access to Windows
machines. The Windows account data is stored on a smart card, which
provides a fast and convenient login without the need to memorize
passwords or lose time on multiple attempts entering long passwords.
- Dekart Private Disk Multifactor – a 256-bit disk
encryption software. The smart card is used to store user's encryption
keys to access their encrypted disk, as well as their fingerprint
templates if biometrics is used to access the card.
- Dekart Logon for Citrix ICA Client
- a secure login software for Citrix servers. All Citrix connections,
passwords, server data is securely stored on a smart card, allowing for
fast and convenient authentication.
The following smart cards and USB tokens can be used for secure storage of encryption keys and authentication with Dekart encryption and access control software applications:
- ActivCard ActivKey USB token series
- Aladdin eToken R2 USB token series/PRO USB token series
- Algorithmic Research MiniKey USB token series
- Eutron CryptoIdentity ITSEC USB token series/4 USB token series/5 USB token series
- Feitian Technologies ePass 2000 USB token series
- Rainbow iKey 1000 USB token series/ iKey 2000 USB token series/ iKey 3000 USB token series
- ruToken USB token series Smart cards:
- ACOS1/ACOS2 smart card series
- Algorithmic Research PrivateCard smart card series
- Athena ASECard Crypto smart card series
- Datakey Model 310/Datakey Model 330 smart card series
- GemPlus GPK/GemPlus MPCOS EMV smart card series
- Giesecke & Devrient STARCOS S/Giesecke & Devrient STARCOS SPK smart card series
- IBM GemPlus 10L7341 smart card series
- Schlumberger Cryptoflex/Schlumberger Multiflex/Schlumberger Payflex smart card series
- Siemens CardOS M 4 smart card series – SMARTCOS smart card series
Other devices (do not require formatting, can be used out of the box):
USB flash drives, CD-R/RW disks and other portable storage devices.
For more information, please, visit http://www.dekart.com/.
10.06.05 06:18 Age: 8 yrs